2008年8月9日土曜日

The election

I'm going to write about American affairs a little bit today.
This year American people elect a new president, so I think that people are excited. Maybe you know this, but 1 president can only be elected twice, so after 8 years he can't be president anymore. Bush has been president since 2000, so he has to quit in January. In November, they will vote between John McCain and Barack Obama. I guess that people are VERY excited because Barack Obama is black, and he is the first black man to run for president.
Well, of course I knew what Barack Obama is black, and I'm sure you knew that! Also I heard that he believes in Islam before so, he's Muslim one. Then I was wondering about is that okay for be an American president and everyone doesn't care about it? So, then many people say that Barack Obama is not a Christian, but he is. It scares people to think that a Muslim would be president, so someone started saying that oh Obama is a Muslim! He's evil! and I think that now many people are scared, but I think most people know he is not one. I don't think it matters. Islam is a peaceful religion like Christianity, but they both have crazy followers sometimes.
I got these things from American programs and there are many American programs in my TV. I think that's everything for right now.
(300words/2345 total)

0 件のコメント: